Sunday, May 22, 2011

Distractions, busy schedule, work, children...blah blah blah! COMMIT

I was coming home from the gym today and was talking to Mr. Man about commitment. There are many people that talk about how much they want to be fit and healthy, but that is all they do, they talk. I want to help every way I can, but when it comes to showing up it's on their own shoulders. I only want the best for people, but what I realized was that I once was someone like that, and I never saw it. I lost so much time not committing to it. I was interested in it. I read articles and tried some workouts out, but never made it a priority.
I feel like I lost so much time pretending to work out and live a healthy lifestyle. Not realizing that I wasn't making a priority was harder than just not doing anything. My rationalization at that time was high. I would rationalize every eating choice because I was working out, and every work out was great (yeah right!). I would think that I was working my butt off and would never look like the cute fit girl standing next to me. I was completely lost, and it took years for me to figure it out! But that time was lost and all I can do is pay attention to my eating and working out now, and be committed.

Now don't get me wrong I remember (not too long ago) that I let anything and everything come in between and working out. If someone called and wanted to hang out I would jump all over it. I would even go out of my way to find something to do besides working out. When Mr. Man wanted to workout on weekends I would rationalize that weekends are a break from real life, so I would never go. 

That person isn't me anymore! I make working out a priority before hanging out with friends. If it is someone I haven't seen in awhile then I try and do something active with them. I want to go walking, rollerblading, biking. 

I am feeling like my life is changing and hopefully its only for the good.


No comments:

Post a Comment