Thursday, April 7, 2011

Movie Titles are Relevant

True Grit. 

These two words have changed my life. 

Woman's Health an article in their April issue that spoke to me. It woke me up and shook me to the core. The title of the article is: True Grit: The Secret of Success. It showed me that it isn't how athletic I am or how in shape I am. It is a matter of me showing up everyday. I may not want to be there, I may not be in the mood, I may not even give it my 100%, but showing up anyway is better than not. Walking on the treadmill is better than the bag of chips and my couch at home (although it does have my favorite shows saved on netflix).

I need to push through my doubts and my inabilities. I need to ignore my inner voices convincing me that I can't do it. I need to SHOW UP.

Some things I took out of this article are:

"Visualize the end goal being realized, feel the feelings of success." I tell myself this everyday as I drive to the gym.
"I say to myself, My legs are like pistons, my lungs like bellows" Visualizing this can help me focus on what I want to do and not on my inabilities to do it.

I may not be the fastest, have the best form, best outfit, but I will SHOW-up EVERYDAY.

Forgetting my gym bag at home is no longer a sign that I wasn't supposed to go today. Feeling like I can't walk doesn't mean that I won't go. Days off can be taken walking around the track. 

Every morning I tell myself that I can do it. Don't worry about tomorrow work on myself today. I think its a good start.









3 comments:

  1. :-) You Go Girl!!!! I think I might just take your advice!!! Wish we lived closer. . .we could be workout buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm awarding you with the Stylish Blogger Award! Go to the link to hear more!

    http://anchorsnsails.blogspot.com/2011/04/7-stylish-blogger-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. “I say to myself, My legs are like pistons, my lungs like bellows" Omg!! I can totally see you saying this to yourself on your way to the gym...Also to Calvin on the way out the door. lol!

    What I like to chant to myself, while riding my bike up the agonizingly steep buffalo wild wings hill is: skinny..skinny...skinny!!!!!!!!!! I am totally laughing out loud right now. But I totally do this and I agree that it helps to self motivate. I love the Nike slogan "just do it" because it doesn’t leave room for excuses or fatigue. JUST DO IT!! So proud of your outlook by the way. Mind over matter!

    ReplyDelete