Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dad


My Dad

Sorry for the delay in posting. I got an early call on Thursday April 21st from my sister informing me that my father had unexpectadly passed away.

This has been a hard time for our family to get through, we all have many questions and want even more answers. This great man has died and he has left this world a better place. We got to see this through all the lives he has touched. As a teacher at Johnson High School he touched many of the students lives, and they showed their grattitude by making tons of posters, and creating a facebook page dedicated to him. This out-pouring of love has really helped our family through this difficult time.

I have been tested early in this new struggle of my eating and weight. I failed horribly. Not that I ate and I ate, in fact I did the opposite. I stopped. I stopped eating, and laughing and living. This is not what my dad would want and I have to remind myself of these things. I will get through this with the help of God and of family and friends. They have helped me so much already. I am eternally grateful!

So now I ask my dad to help me through my struggles in life and hope that he is holding my hand as I continue to walk this world without him. I will remember that he will carry me when I need him the most and he will hold my hand whenever I need/want him to. For that I am grateful!

I am so grateful that he was in my life and that I got him for more than a teacher. He was my dad and I got him 100%. I have to remember how lucky I am for that.

Thank you dad for everything you have done for me. Thank you for showing me love through how much you loved each of your girls. I will remember you often and always.

I will take it slow and smile often just as you always told us to.

Love you!

2 comments:

  1. beautiful post leah...
    love you to pieces....
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, beautiful. I think your dad would be incredibly proud of his daughters outlook.

    ReplyDelete