Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How about a nice bike ride outside?

Well! No leisurely bike riding for me! I have the pleasure of spinning class tonight! The best part of spinning? The lights are turned off! NOT KIDDING! I sit in the back to ease the pressure off anyone who would want to look at my nice ass! But seriously, spinning in the dark! Whoever thought if that was a genus. So last night was a hard workout. I pushed my resistance (doesn't help that the teacher is my friend and I can see her giving me dirty looks while I spin away) and just imagined Miley Cyrus singing The Climb in my head (insert thought bubble here). Just as I am reaching the top of the hill my bike breaks! My first thought in my head was...."umm I always use this bike and it has always worked on me before"...followed by "I am really not that big, am I?" Needless to say the weather was awesome so no one was in class! So therefore I hopped onto the bike next to me and continued "the climb." Is it stuck in your head yet?! Well after class I let my instructor know that the bike broke and it is totally NOT my fault! She notifies me that it just probably the chain! Whew! That was a close one.

On the agenda today is stairs! How I loathe thee. I do have the luxury of doing these outside on such a wonderful day! So if you are driving past the Y and see me all I ask is no:

Honking
Pointing
Laughing

I am already scared enough of these stairs. I just keep picturing myself tripping both up and down the stairs, and I am afraid that any other distraction will increase my chance to meet my fate. I can see it now: front page news reads girl falls down Y steps. She is okay! But please don't try this at home. I'll keep you updated on my injuries.

3 comments:

  1. You don't have "The Climb" on your iPod?? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can all agree that music is an incredible motivational tool for working out. Make a strong upbeat list of songs (i.e..Eye of the tiger) on your iPod and label it "skinny mix" so every time you see it you are reminded of your goals and are using one of the tools. Mind over matter! If i may make a suggestion for kick ass work out music?... I use Kelly Clarkson and love it! Works really well for me:0

    ReplyDelete